Our leases ARE for the person who…
- has high integrity. This is priority #1.
- wants to be part of a professionally managed property.
- measures satisfaction by overall experiences, not by # tags filled.
- gets along easily with others.
- thinks long term; intends to stay in the lease for years.
- wants maximum acres and minimal members. Our leases range from 1 member/300 acres to 1 member/700 acres.
- prefers tightly regulated hunting pressure.
- has experience with quality deer management (QDM).
- is all about legal ethical hunting; doesn’t tolerate game violations.
- is more “giver” than “taker.” Helps improve the lease.
- is known for doing his/her share of club work details.
- is proficient at field judging bucks by age class.
- sees a buck and reaches for binoculars; not the bow/rifle.
- is a stickler for hunting smart and hunting the wind.
- pays dues on time every time.
If you want to pursue a potential membership, then click here and answer a few questions about yourself. Questions are focused on personal integrity, hunting experience, and expectations in a managed lease.
Our leases are NOT for the person who…
- has questionable integrity.
- is a self-appointed expert or armchair biologist.
- measures satisfaction by # of animals killed, not by the overall hunting experience.
- expects all immediate family to be included as members
- prefers a lease run by committee or board where majority rules.
- has a history of switching hunt clubs frequently.
- would bring guests on every hunt.
- fails to regulate his/her own hunting pressure.
- would hunt it every week or stay more than a week at a time.
- has been convicted of a serious game violation.
- struggles to get along with others.
- is more “taker” than “giver.” Contributes little. Takes much.
- misses club work details, but shows up in time to play.
- cannot accurately age white-tailed bucks on the hoof.
- sees a buck and reaches for bow/rifle; not the binoculars.
- believes scent control is unnecessary.
- would try to secretly split a membership with another person.
- has a history of paying dues late.
Click here for a listing of Wildlife Cooperative leases.