The Right Member…
- has high integrity. Priority #1 is to find a member with integrity.
- wants to be part of a professionally managed property.
- measures satisfaction by the overall lease experience, not by the number of tags filled.
- gets along well with others.
- thinks long term; intends to stay in the lease for years.
- wants maximum acres and minimal members. Our leases range from 1 member/300 acres to 1 member/700 acres.
- prefers strictly limited hunting pressure.
- has experience with quality deer management (QDM).
- is firmly committed to legal ethical hunting; does not tolerate game violations.
- is more “giver” than “taker.” Helps improve the lease.
- upholds his/her part as a cooperating member.
- is proficient at field judging white-tailed deer.
- sees a buck and reaches for binoculars instead of bow/rifle.
- is a stickler for hunting smart and hunting the wind.
If you fit the profile of the RIGHT member and want to know more, then click Get Info About Memberships.
Our leases are NOT for the person who…
- is willing to compromise his/her integrity.
- is a self-appointed expert or armchair biologist.
- measures satisfaction mostly by # of tags filled, not by the overall hunting experience.
- prefers a lease run by committee or board where majority rules.
- is a lease hopper with a history of switching clubs often.
- would bring guests on every hunt.
- fails to regulate his/her own hunting pressure.
- would hunt it every week or stay more than a week at a time.
- has been convicted of poaching or other serious violation.
- struggles to get along with others.
- is more “taker” than “giver.” Contributes little. Takes much.
- cannot accurately age white-tailed bucks on the hoof.
- sees a buck and reaches for bow/rifle instead of binoculars.
- believes scent control is unnecessary.
Click here for a listing of Wildlife Cooperative leases.