A Wildlife Co-Op lease is for the person who…
- wants to be part of a professionally managed property.
- measures satisfaction by the overall lease experience, not by the number of tags filled.
- gets along well with others.
- thinks long term; intends to stay in the lease for years.
- wants maximum acres and minimal members. Our leases range from 1 member/300 acres to 1 member/700 acres.
- prefers strictly limited hunting pressure.
- is experienced with QDM and/or TDM properties.
- has high integrity and commitment to legal ethical hunting.
- is more “giver” than “taker.” Helps improve the lease.
- upholds his/her part as a cooperating member.
- is proficient at field judging white-tailed deer.
- sees a buck and reaches for binoculars instead of bow/rifle.
- is a stickler for hunting smart and hunting the wind.
A Wildlife Co-Op lease is NOT for the person who…
- is a self-appointed expert or armchair biologist.
- measures satisfaction mostly by # of tags filled, not by the overall hunting experience.
- prefers a lease run by committee or board where majority rules.
- is a lease hopper with a history of switching clubs often.
- would bring guests on every hunt.
- fails to regulate his/her own hunting pressure.
- would hunt it every week or stay more than a week at a time.
- has been convicted of poaching or other serious violation.
- struggles to get along with others.
- is more “taker” than “giver.” Contributes little. Takes much.
- cannot accurately age white-tailed bucks on the hoof.
- sees a buck and reaches for bow/rifle instead of binoculars.
- believes scent control is unnecessary.
Quality land. Quality members. Quality experiences.